Friday, February 26, 2010

Learning Lots and Lots!

... because that's what you do in seminary. You get challenged, you get stretched, you are forced to grapple with why you believe what you believe. It's daunting, it's humbling, it's overwhelming, it can be scary sometimes... but it's truly quite the incredible experience, and it is an unbelievable blessing to be here. Chris and I were totally impacted by Thursday's chapel message by David Platt:

http://www.sbts.edu/resources/chapel/chapel-spring-2010/the-cost-of-following-jesus/

Do yourself a favor and download this. Then listen to/watch ALL of it. (Trust me, you will want to hear everything he has to say anyway!)

I really don't have any words to add to the message he brought. I'm actually still trying to process everything he said.

The sad news is that I had to watch this amazing message online, because for some reason it is profoundly difficult for me to appear in chapel in person - probably because it's at 10 am and class isn't until 1 pm. And I know it's online anyway. Any normal person could, of course, study in the library between 11 and 1... but alas, I feel so self-conscious every time I go in there! It's just so. very. quiet!!! My jacket makes crunchy noises, or I have to type on my computer, or I have to sneeze, or my chair squeaks or something, and I just feel like I'm disrupting everyone's lives in there. I'm just too ADD for places like that. But this message has mightily inspired me to make it to chapel next week. I don't want to miss a minute of what God's doing here!

No comments:

Post a Comment